Saturday, April 2, 2011

Listening To Music

      I hear people talk about music and what they like to listen to....  So many say they only listen to such and such music....  I think to myself that they are missing out on so much good music...   I have always  tried to sample all types of music..Sometimes that sample leads to more, as I realize I kind of like such and such music...I like all kinds from operetta, opera, waltzes,  classic country ,  The Beatles  and  so on..I try to catch the Andre Rieu programs when they come on PBS..  Then Celtic Thunder hit PBS and that is great, especially their current  Heritage...that just fascinates me..such a good program..  So you young people ,  listen to  golden oldies,  hear what the melodies and lyrics were like  in the 30's, 40's and 50's..Some great writers and music came out during those years..  And the singers...  There were so many singers that really could sing  , in tune etc.. When you listen to some of the modern music out there,  I  am glad I know the older music...Maybe that is what they were talking about when they spoke of the "generation gap".

1 comment: