Friday, August 12, 2011

Best Quick And Easy Cake Recipe

Here is the recipe I was talking about in my last blog...Several years ago I found it in our local newspaper.  After trying  the recipe, it became a favorite. Whenever I take it to a potluck, I am always asked for the recipe so usually have a few copies along.
   Ione's Hawaiian Wedding Cake.
1    twenty ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
2  cups flour;   2  cups  white sugar;   1 cup shredded coconut;    1 cup nuts (optional  )
2 eggs;   2 teaspoons baking soda
Combine all cake ingredients and mix well.  Pour into 9 x 13 inch pan and bake  30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F... Watch carefully  so it doesn't get  overcooked or burn.. Should be a medium brown color when done...
Icing....  1 stick  butter (1/2 cup)        8 ounces  cream cheese (I use  the whipped )
2 teaspoons vanilla;    1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Combine icing ingredients adding more powdered sugar if needed... Spread over cool cake.
This cake is good without icing also.. Good when warm, too.   I don't use nuts in the cake..  Enjoy...

1 comment: